Noise-reducing and vibration-damping NRC clamps
STAUFF NRC Clamps have been specially developed for noise-reducing and vibration-damping installation of pipelines with common outside diameters between 6 and 42 millimetres.
STAUFF NRC type clamps were designed for the noise and vibration reducing installation of pipes and tubes with the most common outside diameters between 6 and 42 mm and ¼ to 1 ½ inch respectively.
By the way: The abbreviation NRC is derived from the product name "Noise Reduction Clamps".
The working principle is based on clamp bodies made from Polypropylene (colour: black) following the Standard Series according to DIN 3015 (part 1) with a specially shaped, two-part elastomer insert, which mechanically absorbs vibrations in the pipe or tube and as a result reduces noises arising to a minimum.
The insert is in particular distinguished by how little of its surface is in contact with the pipe or tube and the clamp body, and as a result is far more effective than the previously known solutions.
The tongue-groove contour of the insert and body, which is reversed and thus diverges from DIN 3015, enables the system to be used for the widest possible range of outside pipe and tube diameters per clamp size, which contributes to flexibility and versatility.
STAUFF also provides an alternative version especially for use in safety-critical areas, which is made completely out of flame resistant materials according to international standards and directives, and meets the demanding requirements with regards to preventive fire protection.
- Designed for the noise and vibration reducing installation of pipes and tubes
- Suitable for the most common outside diameters from 6 to 42 mm and from ¼ to 1 ½ inch respectively
- Working principle based on a specially shaped, two-part elastomer insert, which mechanically absorbs vibration in the pipe or tube and as a result reduces noises arising to a minimum
- Elastomer insert is in particular distinguished by how little of its surface is in contact with the pipe or tube as well as with the clamp body
- Light tension of the elastomer insert in mounted condition provides the necessary clamping force
- Tongue-groove contour of the elastomer insert and the clamp body (which is reversed and thus diverges from standard DIN 3015 clamps with elastomer insert) enables the system to be used for the maximum range of outside diameters per clamp size, which contributes to flexibility, versatility and optimisation of the required installation space
Typical Applications and Advantages
Mobile and stationary machines in harbour and loading areas as well as municipal and commercial vehicles
- Reducing the overall level of noise emissions, especially in urban areas
- Improving occupational health and safety
- Contributing to build machinery that conforms to the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and the Outdoor Directive 2000/14/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council
Civil shipping, i.e. on cruise ships as well as yachts and sport boats
- Maximising flexibility with the design, layout and positioning of noise-intensive pipes and tubes (e.g. in close proximity to cabins or crew quarters)
- Making a great contribution to comfort and facilitating communication on board (e.g. for engine and control rooms)
- Reducing of underwater noise in order to protect the maritime environment
Receive automatic e-mail notifications about new posts on the STAUFF Blog